Herzliya – Tel 054 3048258- [email protected] – linkedin/com/in/karoliina-hakala-kahalani
Legal and investigative research
creative and informative writing and editing
customer service, sales and marketing
Language skills; Finnish proficient - English proficient - Swedish good - Hebrew spoken very well but not written and read - German fair - French fair
Computer literacy; Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power point
Tel UK 07950678743
I handle stress well and thrive on busy times. I am fond of reading, editing and writing, both creative and informative. I like working with people. I am not afraid of challenges. I have a very good imagination and very good communication skills.
1990 Matriculation Exam
▪ 6 x A Levels in Rajamaki High School, Finland.
▪ Subjects obtained; Finnish, English, Swedish, General Knowledge, Mathematics and French
1991 Complections of Make Up Professional Make Up Artist Diploma
▪ consisting of fashion make-up, stage make-up, character make-up, special effects/aging make-up, modelling and prosthetics, fashion hairdressing, and period hairstyling
1998 University of East London – LLB Bachelor of Laws
▪ LLB Undergraduate Law Degree in the United Kingdom.
2000 University of Westminster – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
▪ The Legal Practice Course (LPC) – also known as the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice – postgraduate course,
▪ Skills comprising advocacy, interviewing and advising, writing, drafting and research, solicitors' accounts,
▪ Selected modules; media law, copyright law, corporate finance law, commercial property law.
2002 - University of East London – LLM Masters International Law
▪ International Business Law. A practical understanding of international clients' needs and objectives to deal with complex, multijurisdictional transactions. international corporate law, finance, cross-border debt enforcement
▪ International Dispute Resolution; Navigating different jurisdictions, legal systems and disputes and enforcing the outcome. Strategically handling cross-border litigation, parallel proceedings and international insolvency cases.
▪ Special two modules in International law in the Arab-Israeli conflict
1990-1991 - Substitute teacher of Swedish and English
▪ at a Secondary School, Finland: Preparing original class materials, organizing a schedule across several locations, preparing written and oral tests for students, conducting private or group classes. Marking homework and tests.
1991 - Until to date Freelance Make Artist Projects Portfolio on request
1991-1995 - Mr Bagel’s Ltd – Sales Representative
▪ Selling, marketing, creating campaigns and exhibitions, designing brochures and adverts.
▪ Demonstrating products and services as deemed necessary by clients and management.
▪ Scheduling ad attending appointments and meetings as necessary.
▪ Answering questions from clients.
▪ Making product knowledge readily available to self and other sales people through various resources.
During University years - numerous bar maid and waitressing jobs
2001-2007-Original Rolssi Finland–Restaurant Staff and Floor Manager
▪ Interviewing and hiring employees and ensuring they’re properly trained
▪ Offering constant feedback to keep everyone in sync
▪ Conducting periodic performance reviews
▪ Keeping production and morale high and taking steps to improve retention
▪ Managing staff schedules and assigning individual responsibilities
▪ Ensuring that the workforce is satisfied in their roles
▪ Maintaining the formal and informal traditions within the organization
▪ Recognizing gaps in skills and offering training to improve staff performance
2007-2013 - Blackhawk Intelligence–Legal Researcher and analyst
▪ Undertaking in-depth research into any aspect of the law in support of the case required, gathering and analyzing research data, such as statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes, and documents. Investigating facts and the applicable laws and evidence and jurisprudence that may influence the client’s process to frame their respective argument/s for trial or negotiations and to determine the cause/s of actions in preparation for the trial. Drafting and preparing legal briefs for the various clients that the firm handles.
▪ Combining intelligence gathered by the firm with applied law
▪ Preparing case status reports using MS Word and EXCEL. Preparing correspondences, documents, and other relevant files necessary
▪ Making calls to courts and clients, lawyers and/or government agencies/offices
▪ Company website blog content writing and editing.
2014-2021-Bluestone Asset Management–Debt Recovery Legal Admin
▪ Full time 2014-2016 – online part time since 2017
▪ Accurate entering and processing of new cases; Letter Before Actions and Pre-Action Protocol letters to agreed client service levels
▪ Processing electronic client instructions received via website
▪ Responsible for the daily tasks related to collection efforts for a portfolio of client accounts Primarily chasing pre-legal debtors by phone and letter
▪ Communicating with debtors in a clear and professional manner
▪ Negotiating payment terms with debtors where appropriate
2016 - Indian Food Cooking Course with Kuldeep Singh (Michelin Star Chef)
▪ Indian Tandoori Kitchen Comprehensive and in full.
▪ Spices. Making a traditional Tandoori marinade.
▪ Chicken. Cooking in a Tandoor oven.
▪ Rice. Cooking traditional pilau rice.
▪ Bread. Preparing and cooking naan bread.
▪ Chutney. Making an Indian style chutney.
▪ All there is to know about curry
▪ Samosas, bhajis and potato dishes
2016-2019 - Curryliina’s Indian Food – Head Chef and Proprietor
▪ Menu planning
▪ Ensuring food is priced correctly. Making sure the quality of the food is in keeping with the caliber of restaurant you’re serving it from. Managing stock and ordering food from various suppliers
▪ Controlling and managing a budget.
▪ Maintaining good health and hygiene standards
▪ Organizing the staff rota and ensuring everyone knows what they’re doing and when
▪ Recruiting new staff and training and developing existing team members.
▪ Marketing, social media, company blogs and articles writing and editing
2020-2021 - Connect Hair Extensions Israel - Marketing
▪ Advertising management.
▪ Content writing
▪ Social media management.
▪ Copywriting and content management.
▪ Client care
▪ PR and corporate communications
Canadian Foreign Immigration Service–Junior Immigration Consultant
▪ March 2021-todate
▪ Conducting visa application interviews, recording and taking notes
▪ Processing and preparing long term work and residency visa applications for senior consultants